Saturday, March 05, 2005

Gardening in the Yard

Ok I have probably given the impression on here that I am the utmost uber techno geek, but alas I do have a softer side. I love to garden. Maybe its the dichotomy of it all, maybe its just my urge to get out in nature, after all I do live in a desert for gosh sakes. Whichever it is I have a little bit of greeness in my thumb. My backyard is awash in fruits and vegetables, with my salsa garden (two varieties of tomato, two varieties of pepper, and also cilantro, onion, and garlic), my experimental garden (currently housing asparagus, blackberry and raspberry, and sage and rosemary). I have a tub full of growing strawberries, a dwarf lemon tree in a container, and the rest of the orchard (three fruit trees - peach, apricot, and fig). I will probably add two more fruit trees by springtime and I am just itching to add a more exotic vegetable to the experimental garden. My wife and I have also decided to try our hand at growing roses this year and so we planted four bushes (yes Teri is out playing in the dirt also now). When you add this to all the other trees and desert plants that we have, its quite a menagerie out in the backyard. I am going for the desert oasis effect.

7 Comments:

Blogger Teri said...

The softer side? I guess you and Sears have a lot in common...

8:23 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What, we both are closing our doors? We both are your favorite spots to go to? We both have a couple of stories? I could go on, but won't.

8:34 PM  
Blogger Martin said...

"(yes Teri is out playing in the dirt also now)"... Always knew she had a dirty side. Which plant does she lay claim to?

11:21 PM  
Blogger Teri said...

The weeds

9:27 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The asparagus is hers.

9:33 AM  
Blogger Martin said...

I'd call asparagus weeds too, knowing how picky I am about food.

4:29 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Teri's dirty side is all about phallic plants. (Sorry just had to say it after the Sears comment.)

7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home