Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Only in Vegas

Ok I admit it it, sometimes I am just clueless when it comes to things, or as my wife likes, no loves to say, I have no common sense. I just wonder if that is in itself a bad thing? I am an extremely intelligent person and sometimes wonder if the people who think I am clueless just do not understand my thought processes because I am thinking at a higher level. Yet, there are other times when I find myself looking at something and just wondering what the masses of people must be thinking as they do something that I cannot understand. Case in point, here is an ad that flashed up tonight while I was on Facebook advertising a HUGE Las Vegas party. http://www.strippersandhustlersball.com/ Ok now I get the reason someone might want to go and gawk, but from what I remember the news saying last year, ordinary people love dressing up and going to these things. Help me to understand, is this just some form of debauchery that I do not understand? Maybe its some childhood repressed fantasy in playing dress-up. Please comment and let me know.

2 Comments:

Blogger LoraLoo said...

There are some seriously "alternative" lifestyles out there, and Vegas is arguably one big Mecca for them.

I actually get it, it's just a matter of what turns you on and what doesn't - and for some, drunken debauchery with ten thousand of your closest near-naked friends is a fabulous thing.

10:56 PM  
Blogger Ken said...

Yeah. That thing is huge, but from what I understand, it pales in comparison to the Erotic/Exotic Ball in San Francisco around Halloween.

There are a lot of people who, for one night, like to let their inhibitions go and figure Vegas is the place to do that. It's the deviants that drive society. It helped push wider acceptance of the VCR, CD-ROM and the Internet. Everyone has their thing.

9:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home