Friday, March 11, 2005

The Mann of bronze!

Alright I admit it, I have an ulterior motive in posting this top ten list, it forces me to post on the blog daily. Yes, I have felt like a slacker lately, after promising myself that I would post daily when I started this, I understand now what a chore it can be. The writing is the easy part - well at least it is when I decide on what I am going to write about, so I guess this top ten thing has its positives also. When I was a younger lad, I used to get presents of books all the time (I have been reading voraciously since I was 7). I managed to collect the entire Hardy Boys series when I was young, all 57 of them. After a while it was difficult for relatives and the like to figure out books to get me, that is until I discovered number 9) Doc Savage - The Man of Bronze. I collected all 6 of the hard back books (which I still have, unlike the Hardy Boys, they got thrown away when I left for college) and continued on later by collecting the Bantam paperback reprints. Doc Savage was the ultimate thinking man's hero, the top brain in a myriad of disciplines. Along with his band of stalwart companions, each an expert in their own speciality, they were adventurers constantly ridding the world of evil everywhere.

4 Comments:

Blogger Martin said...

I do need to hunt those books down someday but at the rate that I'm finding time to read... they'd just wind up looking good on the bookshelf.

8:17 PM  
Blogger Teri said...

"When I was a younger lad, I used to get presents of books all the time"
I guess some things don't change.
By the way you have a good start of the first 10 books in the Hardy Boys series.

10:10 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yep now I need only 47 more......and more bookshelves.

9:36 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Cool. I have managed to collect quite a bit of the original stories in paperback, the Bantam paperbacks. I probably have and have read 40-50 of the stories. Their is something special about holding a book in hand for me.

8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home