Wednesday, March 16, 2005

My Amber verse, siree.


I have always wondered if everyone is as addicted to rituals as I am. I tend to do everything the same way everytime; I like the status quo. For instance, when I go to the bookstore to shop (and I go to bookstores to shop consistantly, since I am such a bookworm) I always tend to start looking for new books alphabetically at the A's. Consequentally, if you ever make it over to my house and look at my multitude of bookshelves and the plethora of books they contain you will notice that I have an abundance of books from the beginning part of the alphabet. This is because I start looking, find some good books, continue looking, find some more good books, and by the time I reach the later letters (say N-O-P) I have my arms full and hurry through the rest of the letters. I have also wondered if this might not be true of editors that read slush pile manuscripts, they are put in alphabetical order and more new authors are discovered from the beginning parts of the alphabet (if you don't believe me, look at the book listings and you will see far fewer authors with last names in the last part of the alphabet. Thankfully, sometimes I do manage to stumble through all of the stack and find authors from the later letters and that brings us to number 6) on my list by Roger Zelazny - The Amber Series. This is an awesome series dealing with the royal family of Amber, a group of people who have the ability to travel throughout the multiverse changing one detail at a time until they arrive at the primary world. Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home