Thursday, May 05, 2005

Wedding?

Ok I am starting to be a little weirded out here. My littlest sister is getting married here in two weeks. Yes, I am feeling old, but that is not why I am being weirded out, keep reading. Now my father passed away about a year ago and right before that my sister had asked me to stand in for him and walk her down the aisle. I was honored and told her I would do it, but now I am finding out that I am doing the stand in thing there and at the reception where I have to do the first dance thing. Number one, I don't dance; I didn't even dance at my own wedding. So I am not looking forward to this at all. Secondly, I enjoy sitting in the corner watching people rather than having people watch me. Its not nerves or anything like that, people don't bother me, I think its more of a control thing or maybe having to live up to people's expectations. I do not know, I just feel weird.

3 Comments:

Blogger Teri said...

Yeah I understand. When I walked down the aisle at our wedding I hated the fact that everyone would be looking at me as well. You will do a great job, and besides you weren't weirded out before she told you that you had to do the father daughter dance thing. I think it is just having people watch you dancing or lack therof.

6:09 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks vavoom, but Teri's right I was only a little weirded by the walk down the aisle thing but you throw in having to dance with my sister...

6:11 PM  
Blogger Martin said...

Just make sure to tell the best man to push everyone to drink more before the dance and it'll go great. B)

5:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home