Saturday, April 23, 2005

Drafted

Well I have always known I was somewhat of a geek, but I now know that I am a geek in soooo many different ways. Ok, I know I read obsessively and play on the computer a little too much. Yes, I am a card carrying Mensa member and also pay my dues for the USCF. But now I have also discovered that I am a football geek. I actually planned my whole weekend around watching the NFL draft on ESPN. I sat glued to my TV for over 4 hours salivating over the newbie players on all the NFL teams. Most people can barely name the starting quarterback for their football team (San Francisco now has 4 quaterbacks-rooking Alex Smith, Tim Rattay, Ken Dorsey, and third stringer Brandon Dorman), and here I am watching and screaming when a team makes a bad pick (what were you thinking Detroit picking another wide receiver in the first round)

3 Comments:

Blogger Martin said...

I don't know if it is geekdom or the overly-ambitious need to know as much about a topic as possible. Football is definitely up on my list with 80's music. Yeah, I screamed at a few picks... I still can't believe I watched the whole first day and most of the second.

3:50 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Martin, I knew you were my friend for a reason. You make me feel better about my geekdom since you are right there with me. I did like how your Raiders upgraded their team.

8:32 PM  
Blogger Martin said...

Thanks. I like all the picks but am curious about the corners (Washington and Routt.) But then again, there was a time when someone was excited about Ryan Leaf being drafted too so we'll see. I actually really liked the 49ers' picks. Should be interesting to see what Nolan has in mind.

10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home