Thursday, March 24, 2005

edoC icniV aD ehT

There are very few books that impact a person's life, very few books that you read and just have to say "Wow", very few books that as soon as you finish you call up friends to get them to read it so you can talk about the book with someone. Such is the book that is number 2) on my top ten list. I freely admit that I am a unique person (to put it mildly) and as such I have always moved to the beat of a different drummer. Growing up my heroes and ideals were always historical inventors or an epoch's foremost intelligentsia. I was fascinated by people whose brains made them famous throughout history, and in particular, ones who lived in two of my favorite eras, the Italian Renaissance or the American Renaissance (right before the American Revolution). Bonus points for anyone who figures out my favorite two historical figures. One of them is the subject of my number 2) favorite book, The Da Vinci Code. This book tells the tale of a murder in the Louvre in Paris that unravels a historical conspiracy revolving around Leonardo Da Vinci. It includes references to secret societies, religious cover-ups, and behind the scenes power brokers. The second book in a trilogy by author Dan Brown is an instant classic and forced me to read all his other works and has me eagerly awaiting the release of the third in the trilogy.

5 Comments:

Blogger Teri said...

I get to take credit for introducing you to this book. It is also one of my all time favorites.

7:05 PM  
Blogger Martin said...

Although I should be considering someone from the American Renaissance, I'm going to guess the Marquis De Sade. And don't deny there is a whip and mask in your bedroom.

9:26 PM  
Blogger Teri said...

I do not think that gift pack I got for my birthday had a whip in it, I will have to check...hahahah

6:02 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Actually Martin, Teri has taken an extreme liking to whips lately. Go ahead ask her about it.

6:11 PM  
Blogger Teri said...

It took me a minute to get it, hahahhahaha.....

7:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home