Wednesday, July 13, 2005

You mean its based on a comic book?

Ok Teri, me, and An80snut and a gaggle of others went to see a movie last night. We ended up seeing Fantastic Four which turned out to be pretty good and got a good reaction in the theater. While we were standing outside the theater waiting for the girls to get out of the bathroom we had an interesting conversation that I feel like sharing with my blogging buddies. It went something like this (paraphrasing):

Josh (my 15 year old son)- It was ok. I liked The Incredibles better.
Me - I can't wait for Sky High, the preview looked good.
An80snut - Sky High reminded me of the X-men
Josh - I liked The Incredibles better than X-men.
Me - Yeah The Incredibles was kind of a mixture of the Fantastic Four comic book and Xavier's Scool in the X-men.
An80snut - The Incredibles wasn't based on a comic book though and it was a cartoon...
Me - Yeah. I wonder how many people in the audience knows that The Fantastic Four was a comic book though.
An80snut - Especially since everyone was so young. They probably thing FF4 is a rip of The Incredibles...

We then started discussing how many movies lately are based on comic books that we read in our youth and nobody reads anymore. So here is my question of the day. What are your top 3 movies based on comic books and why?

9 Comments:

Blogger Teri said...

ok, either we have been married too long or we have to stop this group think :)

My top three favorites are the ones fresh in my mind. I really liked the Fantastic 4, Batman Begins, and most of the superman movies. I can't wait to see wonder woman.

5:12 PM  
Blogger RT said...

Davydgrey! You have a blog. I did not know. I don't know how I did not know, you would think that as much as I hang out on Teri's blog, I would have known... But I didn't.

Cool!

"What are your top 3 movies based on comic books and why?"

That's a tough question. The only comic books I really remember reading as a kid were Pink Panther and Archie. I'm sure there were others, but they would have been girlie comics instead of the superhero stuff. I also read a lot of Ranger Rick, but they haven't made a movie about him yet.

I liked the first X-men movie and the first couple of Batman movies, but it had nothing to do with comics...

5:27 PM  
Blogger Martin said...

This is a tough one. Right now, I'd say Batman Begins really did a great job. I'd follow that with Blade and Spiderman. X-Men would wind up following that.

5:51 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

rt- Yes. I blog, laugh, how else could I comment on all other blogs? Glad to see you made it over here to my paltry little corner of blogdom. Hopefully, you will continue to enjoy my small contribution.

An80snut - What? No Barb Wire?

7:23 PM  
Blogger RT said...

Sorry hun, I'm a dork, lol. I've seen links to your blog all over the place, but I just never put two and two together. Erk!

Hey! I see that you like the Necroscope series, have you read the Psychomech trilogy? Or Fruiting Bodies and Other Fungi?

9:13 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

RT - Martin got me into Necroscope...I read the first 5 books or so. I read Lumley's Hero Of Dreams before I even knew about Necroscope and I just finished The Khai of Khem. I own several other of his books but haven't gotten around to reading them yet.

4:44 PM  
Blogger Jenn Doll said...

Haven't seen Fantastic 4 or Batman Begins, so I'm outta the loop.

But, I really like X-Men. Why? Um, good question. It just does it for me. They need hurry the hell up with the next one.

Superman, of course. 'Cause he's one of the oldschool. I watch Smallville if I see that it's on.

I can't think of any more, but I know there's some. But definately X-Men.

I can't remember which channel, possibly Cartoon Network, anyhow, it has Marvel Comic cartoons and it's awesome. Recently they've started putting more and all Marvel characters into one serious. It's kickass! They help eachother out and fight now and then.

12:24 AM  
Blogger Jenn Doll said...

Haha! One serious? What the? One series! I swear that's what I meant.

8:42 AM  
Blogger RT said...

Martin got you into Necroscope? I thought he only liked cartoons. :p

I don't think I've heard of the other two you mentioned, were they good?

2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home