Sunday, July 03, 2005

4th of July fizzles

Ok I don't know what it is about this year lately, but I am really feeling old and tired. A couple of days ago, the wife and I made a decision that we are not going to do anything for the Fourth this year. Now some of you might see this as no big deal, but the 4th of July has always been one of my favorite holidays. I love the mix of socializing and playing with fire/blowing things up. Yet, this year I find myself in a really anti-social mood and although there are a couple of people that I wouldn't mind seeing blow up, I can't seem to excited about exploding things. I even tried to do the cop out thing and see if my son wanted to do something and instead he answered, "Thats what virtual fireworks are for." What a geek child I have. I guess the wife and I will just sit in the backyard and watch the illegal fireworks going off in the desert down the street. Maybe I can take advantage of the boredom and get Teri drinking. At least something good might happen on the 4th.

2 Comments:

Blogger Martin said...

I think I'd see the holiday different if I was around children but usually, I just sleep through the fireworks. So, could drinking on the 4th help get you a 2nd?

11:13 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It didn't matter, Teri went outside and watched the neighbor's fireworks. I went to bed early, but couldn't fall asleep. Josh watched virtual fireworks on his computer for a couple of minutes and then got on IM.

4:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home