Thursday, January 26, 2006

The day after

Well, I am now officially 40 years old, as I celebrated my birthday yesterday. The funny thing about it is that being 40 seems to be affecting those around me more than me. To me the big 4-0 is just another number, but it is freaking Teri out, making my siblings to feel old, and causing the in-laws to reminisce about when Teri and I first started seeing each other 17 or so years ago. I think the funniest thing about the birthday was the gift my 16 year old son got me. He didn't go with anything geeky or sentimental like he did for us on Christmas or for Teri on her birthday. No my son bought me some Icy-hot thermal bandages and a hot/cold reusable gel pack. Since I occasionally get hip/back pain due to my scoliosis, this was actually a cool gift, but man do I feel old. Teri, of course got me a 49ers 'Brandon Lloyd' football jersey (I always wanted an authentic 49ers jersey with my name on it) and a set of Good Eats DVDs (thanks Martin). I even went out with the in-laws to dinner to Olive Garden and had a noteworthy waitress story happen there (Do servers realize now-a-days that they are hired to make customers eating experiences enjoyable, not just bring out plates?) The real excitement will be on Saturday, however, as Teri and I and the friends get together for dinner and the annual 'Can we get Teri drunk-Lloyd birthday party', thank you for playing Martin and Amy. I will let everyone know how it turns out.

12 Comments:

Blogger RT said...

Happy Birthday Lloyd!

5:13 PM  
Blogger LoraLoo said...

Hey, happy birthday Lloyd! Even if you are a 49ers fan, I'm glad it was a good day. :)

8:49 PM  
Blogger David Amulet said...

I'm with you--the precise number of times this planet has revolved around a distant sun should have little do to with one's self-esteem. That said, it's a great chance to celebrate life and everything you have in it.

Congrats!

-- david

4:31 AM  
Blogger Martin said...

Yup, you are old. B) And that's cool that she found the DVD set. Mine is still sitting on the living room table. I figured that you would some day get the jersey (he really is a good wide receiver) someday but not this soon. Here's hoping you had a great birthday.

7:24 AM  
Blogger Ken said...

Happy Birthday Lloyd. Age is simply a state of mind. The Jersey is kinda cool. Unfortunately, I think the only Bills jersey I have in my closet is a Drew Bledsoe jersey.

7:49 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

RT - Thank you.

Lora -- If I thought you would make it I would invite you to the Saturday thing.

David -- Thank you.

Martin -- Its actually a different DVD set than yours. Mine has the making of pickles episode among others. We will have to swap sometime.

Ken -- Thanks. I never got a jersey before, even in the glory days of my Niners, but when Lloyd became a player I just had to.

4:00 PM  
Blogger Teri said...

Uhh.. I think we need to work on my control issues and then maybe I will be able to drink. Not to mention I don't have a gall bladder, so drinking a lot of alcohol will make me sick.

7:47 PM  
Blogger LoraLoo said...

I know, I'm a homebody who won't let anyone babysit. I need to work on that. I sure have changed... looks like *I'm* the old one here, not you!

8:03 PM  
Blogger LoraLoo said...

p.s. Have a few drinks for me this weekend. Enjoy, and again, happy birthday!

8:04 PM  
Blogger David Amulet said...

So let us know ... how did the weekend go?? We're on the edge of our (virtual) seats!

- david

12:29 PM  
Blogger Martin said...

No pickles for me, thanks. B) You can't imagine how many times I dreaded pulling off the pickles and scraping off the onions from a standard McDonald's burger as a child. Ruined me for life.

4:00 AM  
Blogger Bar L. said...

Happy Birthday!

40 is young. 40 years ago 40 was old, but today it's YOUNG

8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home