Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Paper, paper everywhere...

YEAH I AM DONE!!! The 20 page paper dragon shall trouble me no longer. I have slayed the mighty beast. If you can't tell I have finished my history paper for my History 451 class. You know the one, the one I have been lamenting about for the last several months, the one that asks you to pick a subject area inside of your professor's area of expertise and do a fully researched 20 page paper on it. Even as we speak I am on my out to UNLV to turn this goliath in and then celebrate (unless of course you are reading this days later, in which case of course I have collapsed from the sheer joy and relief of having this monstrosity finished). However, I must be a glutton for punishment as I have signed up to take History 497 with the same professor. At least it is an independent study class and she is only requiring a 12 page paper on a subject of my choosing. I am thinking of doing the paper on the America Scientific Revolution from Benjamin Franklin to Albert Einstein, or at least that is my thought before talking with the professor. What does everyone else suggest?

9 Comments:

Blogger Teri said...

I am sooo happy for you! We need to go out and celebrate that we are both done (at least for the next month). Let's go to the Melting Pot for dessert :) heheheh

7:24 PM  
Blogger LoraLoo said...

Congrats on the paper completion!

I think yourindependent study idea is a great one! That's a lot to cram into twelve pages, but that's probably only because I've not been in college for a little while.

5:51 AM  
Blogger Jenn Doll said...

Yay! Congratulations! You should post it so we can see what all the fuss was about.

I'm a history buff. No, I'm not. I really, really like reading it, but my mind makes it history right away. Actually, I think my mind makes everything history and there is no book in there to look it up later.

12:53 AM  
Blogger Martin said...

I'd mention a good subject for your next paper if I were somewhat awake. Congrats on finishing the paper and the class. That means you are getting closer to that dreaded degree?

7:35 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Teri -- Melting pot it is.

Lora -- Talked to the professor about it and she agreedits a bit broad, but I let her know thats just because I haven't narrowed the focus yet.

Jenn -- You really want to read a 20 page paper on the Exoduster movement?

Martin -- Dreaded degree? I am taking 2 more history classes this upcoming semester which does just about finish the History part of my multi degree fetish.

4:24 PM  
Blogger Jenn Doll said...

Actually, yeah. I'd print it out and use it for reading material at home. Then I could grade you!

6:43 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Interesting Vavoom, but I am not much into Environmental Science and I am trying to stay with American History which means that the beginnings of the Industrial Revolution in Europe is out. I am thinking of narrowing the focus to focus more on Tesla and Edison and their two competing approaches to scientific research though.

3:51 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Vavoom - Not a bad idea as this is actually closer to what I was looking for, however, I can't focus on people so I would need to do it on something related to the people and remember it needs to be 12 pages worth. Usually the best papers have something controversial or at least with opposing viewpoints.

10:12 AM  
Blogger Jenn Doll said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home