Thursday, October 27, 2005

Halloween, its the new Christmas...

First of all, "Hi everyone I'm back!" I had a bout of stay away from the computer-itis. I just could never get the urge to plop my butt down in front of the PC at home for the last two weeks. Probably a combination of the 20 page paper rough draft being due and a rollout of an application at work that bombed and doubled our normal call volume. Anyways back to some serious blogging...

I have a question for everyone, is it my imagination or are people starting to decorate their houses for Halloween just like they do for Christmas? Is it a Vegas thing? I know that there were always people that got into it and did the haunted house thing and everyone puts out a jack-o-lantern or two, but now it seems like people are spending a couple hundred bucks on decorations. There are even three or four houses in our neighborhood that have put up Halloween lights, orange and purple monstrosities and lots of houses are sporting plastic blow up whatevers. Are we going to have full yard displays soon? Vampire Claws and his 8 tiny skeletons? Visions of pumpkins dancing in their heads? Ok I admit it, Teri and I have gotten tons of decorations also, but its for the party, yeah its for the Halloween party...

8 Comments:

Blogger Jenn Doll said...

Yes, they are! And I think it's just wonderous! Or some big word like that.

Someone else posted that they didn't like it, then all of the commenters followed in the same directions and said it was "eww" and stuff. But I called them all poor sports!

Get in the spirit! Rock the decorations!!

Welcome back, slacker. :)

9:19 AM  
Blogger Martin said...

It's still my favorite holiday and I think a lot of people are starting to enjoy it more. I just have a weird feeling about the 18 to 20 year-olds that go to the door in regular clothes

5:28 PM  
Blogger LoraLoo said...

I've been seeing the decorations and I think they're great. I have a couple of neighbors that always go overboard for holidays, and I smile whenever I drive by. At least they haven't resorted to making this some sort of gift-giving holiday.

6:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Halloween by sign(ha ha)
This is Wendy btw
Aquarius:
(January 20 - February 18)
You are a natural humanitarian who just wants to help out and ultimately heal the world. You are the quirky one that people sometimes don't understand. This year, dress up as a mad scientist. Have a couple test tubes handy, mix baking soda and vinegar together and tell people that you have just made a new discovery that is going to stop global warming or patch the ozone layer.

11:39 AM  
Blogger Teri said...

Wendy that is soooo funny!

6:52 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah ok I dressed up as a mad scientist for my Halloween party, so what. I am an aquarian what can I say.

Jenn -- Glad to be back.

Vavoom -- Teri went crazy with the decorations, but it was for the inside for the Halloween party.

Loraloo -- Gifts? Do I get gifts if I decorate my house?

7:22 PM  
Blogger RT said...

So how did the party go???

7:52 PM  
Blogger Jenn Doll said...

Do we get pictures?!

11:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home