Thursday, August 11, 2005

Geek competition

Ok I always thought that I was a computer geek. Not in the sense of geeky/nerdy looking, but in the sense of having too much technological stuff and way too many computers (I have two working ones - two unworking ones and several partial ones plus Teri also has a computer), but my son has just raised the unspoken competition to another level. In a moment of weakness, Teri's parents agreed to get my son a new computer if they sold their house (he has been "struggling" along with the old 700 mhz of ours). Now this was several months ago and I had not really thought about since the in-laws moved in and whatnot, and then a couple of days ago Teri told me that her Mom had mentioned the fact that they were going to get Josh a computer and us a washing machine when they moved out (we still have the original machine that we got soon after we got married 16 years ago). Of course Teri tells me this while we are on the phone during my lunch break and we promise to talk about it later, like when she got back. Well it turns out that when I got home today, my son had the biggest grin on his face because the in-laws took him out computer shopping and got him a brand new 3.06 ghz machine. Now he is crowing cause he has the fastest computer in the house (Teri has a 2.6 and I have a 2.7) He also owns 4 computers now:his new one, the old 700 (actually that is ours and I should get it back), and his two laptops. Wow, geekdom hall of fame here he comes. He is soooooooooooooo spoiled.

6 Comments:

Blogger Martin said...

Damn... you are right. He is spoiled. But, I can't wait to see how he puts the old ones to use.

10:36 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

an80snut -- He has already networked together the 3 working old computers.

Vavoom -- He hasn't built one from scratch yet, but he is very comfortable yanking out old parts and putting in new.

8:43 AM  
Blogger Teri said...

Spoiled, our son? hahahahah

6:26 PM  
Blogger Jenn Doll said...

Hahah, Teri's comment was just too cute.

I hope he events a new computer and then you and Teri say, "We can't forget about that one blogging nobody Jenn."

I don't even know what I just said. I need sleep!

6:26 AM  
Blogger New White Keds said...

Networking? geekdome? Spoiled? not YOUR child??? Why is it I am having visions of hacking into large mainframes with this extended hertz/watts/whatevers?

I can envision Josh as a man standing on a horizon screaming at the top of his lungs, "Power! I have the power and I will rule the world! -- As soon as I can find that... I know I put it here somewhere!"

9:18 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

keds -- what do you mean? He does that now.

3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home