Tuesday, July 19, 2005

The old ball and chain...

I know several people have asked questions about me and my family and I figured this was a good time to set the record straight and to talk about something that I don't say nearly enough. I love my wife. I have loved her for 17 years with all my heart and will continue to do so for the rest of my life and then some. She is and was the best thing that ever happened to me. We have been married for nearly 16 years and in today's society that is a rare and precious thing. I will freely admit that there have been a couple of bumps along the road (I can be a hard person to live with as I tend to be a little antisocial and I have a large warped family), but Teri and I have weathered the storms and I don't know what I would ever do without her as she is my confidant and friend. She is my favorite person in all the world to talk to, which we do a lot, as I feel that communication is the key to any successful marriage, but furthermore I just enjoy rambling to her and listening to her. We can discuss philosophy or hare brained theories or just plain gossip for hours at end and talking with her is probably my second favorite thing that she and I do. She puts up with my idiosynchracies and is genuinely interested in what I do, both rare traits in any individual, but doubly so in a spouse. She doesn't care that I am getting old, that I have gained weight since we got married, or that I snore when I sleep. Anyways, enough of my heartfelt rambling and I will just say, I love my wife and soulmate.

7 Comments:

Blogger RT said...

That is so cool!

You know, every since I realized that you and Teri were married, I've actually been paying a bit of attention to the way you guys interact. And what I've seen has been very refreshing.

Between you two, and hearing the way Vavoom and Fred speak of their wives, it's given me new hope on finding my own perfect mate...

Thank You! Thank all of you!

So... do you guys have any single brothers???

2:43 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

RT -- Actually I do but he is young, in his early 20s

4:25 PM  
Blogger Martin said...

I have to say that comparing who you and Teri are now to before you started dating... I know you both have made subtle changes for the better. Heck, I remember that I could just open my mouth and make her blush. And Lloyd, you have actually gained hobbies that you enjoy with Ter. Usually, a lot of your favorite pasttimes would isolate you. I'm just happy you both are and will remain who you have been and will be.

6:23 PM  
Blogger RT said...

Alright. I knew I should have specified.

Do you guys have any older, single brothers? lol

20's... Egads! Are ya trying to kill me???

10:08 PM  
Blogger Jenn Doll said...

This post is definately refreshing. And as Liv said gives others that sense of hope.

I love mine so much. I just wish he would get here already.

2:37 AM  
Blogger Jenn Doll said...

Just to clarify, mine = boyfriend.

2:37 AM  
Blogger LoraLoo said...

Awwww! I already know that you guys have a very strong bond and good marriage, but it's really cool to see you talk about it.

I hope you got big points for this one. ;)

5:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home