Friday, July 29, 2005

Friday, yeah!




Since I was talking about a new book series that I am reading yesterday, I thought that for today I should mention a classic book of mine by an impeccable author that I have read several times. The Thursday Next series reminds me of this book, Friday by Robert Heinlein. In it, the heroine is a courier for a multinational corporation in an alternate universe where the United States and Canada have split into a collection of 7 or 8 regional areas. The major powers in this universe are the "multinationals", companys that are so huge that they have in effect become governments in of themselves. Heinlein weaves a deft tale of intrigue and political espionage that is a classic page turner. It also follows a classic RAH formula in that it espouses highly controversial ideas, and attacks rigidly held doctrines.  Posted by Picasa

6 Comments:

Blogger Martin said...

Great cover. She actually looks like she has a chest. B)

8:45 PM  
Blogger Jenn Doll said...

Sounds like a good read, but not my cup of tea. Though, there is one problem...When it comes to reading I'm not exactly sure what my cup of tea is, so it might be. I know, I make so much sense!

2:51 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Martin -- Yeah I loved this picture as a teenager.

Jenn -- Gasp. You mean you are illiterate? They have programs for that you know (grin)

5:23 PM  
Blogger Jenn Doll said...

I read all the time!! I'm gonna have to give you "the boo." Boo!

12:40 AM  
Blogger RT said...

LMAO!

You bugger! I just saw that "The Land of the Rumpleteaser"...

BTW, I couldn't help but notice that you mentioned the Friday book while Teri was away... Hummmm... What's up with that?

Seriously though, if you like stuff like that, you might also like Iris Johansen. (Please note! If you read too many of her books, it can be irritating, but if you just read a couple, she's pretty good.) I would put her at a cross between Harlequin and John Grisham.

1:51 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Jenn -- What is the boo? Or did you leave off a letter?

Rumpleteaser -- I am always the sly one. By the way I don't do Romance unles it contains serious time travel.

7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home