Saturday, August 20, 2005

Mixed martial arts

I am the type of person who does not have any regrets with things that I have done in my life. I have made choices and traveled the path less chosen some of the time. One of the regrets that I do have is the fact that I did not get involved with any of the sports that I enjoy when I was young. Yeah I did the standards, I played Little League, I even did one day of Pop Warner Football, but the stuff I like is not so mainstream. I have always had an urge to participate in the more esoteric sports, things like fencing or karate. I regret the fact that I did not urge my parents to let me join these activities when I was younger. Maybe that is why I enjoy watching these sports now as an adult. I have always been a fan of martial arts, and can sit and watch kickboxing or judo or karate on the television. Yet, my all-time favorite spectator martial art has got to be the mixed martial art sports, especially as represented by the UFC. Once again I will be over at Martin's house tonight, beer in hand, parked in front of his high-def big screen TV rooting for my favorite fighters and having a good old time. I have even dragged Teri into the viewing, as she also joins Martin and I in a fan triumvirate as we watch Ultimate Fighting!

16 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Vavoom -- Good good, another convert. Last night's fights were a blast. Teri and Martin even got into a philosophical discusion of the tactics in the Lidell-Horn sleeper.

10:06 AM  
Blogger Martin said...

Since I work at the big green building the UFC was held at this time, one of my co-workers helped Frank Trigg in leaving the hotel. When I say helped... he had people assisting his walking out the door as my friend took his bags. Trigg had trouble moving his neck and well, let's just say, his face is going to take some time to recover from the assault he took from St. Pierre.

3:39 PM  
Blogger Teri said...

I am willing to learn a martial art. Lets join.. I bet I will kick your butt :) hahahahah

3:53 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Any time baby...bring it ON!

7:54 PM  
Blogger RT said...

I got 10 bucks on Teri!

10:09 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

vavoom -- no its a private showing only.

RT -- I will take the $10 bet RT, Teri loses tickle fights already.

5:13 PM  
Blogger Martin said...

Oil is involved.

9:11 PM  
Blogger RT said...

OMG, my eyeballs are burning! I did not need to know about that.

2:08 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Martin -- We've outgrown oil, its chocolate pudding now.

4:11 PM  
Blogger Jenn Doll said...

I wish I would have kept dancing. Not that I don't go do it in the clubs now, but I should be some kinda professional dancer. I wish!

Not a cheer leader, cheer leaders are dancers gone retarded.

How was the fight and the beers?

3:24 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The fights were good, the beer went to fast. I was using it to stop the burning in my mouth from the Buffalo Wild Wings; I decided I really like the Caribbean Jerk sauce. Kindof fits my personality.

3:55 PM  
Blogger Martin said...

I'm expecting you to pick up a few bottles soon. It is great stuff. I could probably have chicken breasts with that sauce on it for dinner 80% of the time. I'd have to have some Mexican food in there.

The pudding is a good idea. I just figured the oil was better for the skin. Pudding is edible though.

6:57 PM  
Blogger Jenn Doll said...

Caribbean Jerk sauce??

Oh, and I forgot to tell you. I'm a freakin' ninja!

11:47 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Marten -- I think I like it better than Devil's Spit. Have you watched Licensed to Grill yet? He makes a wicked red pepper marinade also.

Jenn -- So you have a black belt?

8:15 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

http://www.buffalowildwings.com

8:17 AM  
Blogger Jenn Doll said...

No, I'm just a Ninja.

11:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home