Sunday, September 04, 2005

Windows

Ok I am old enough to remember the days when people made appointments and actually showed up on time or a little early. Now when you set up an appointment with someone they give you a window of time in which they will be there and then show up at the last possible moment anyways. Whats the use? I understand traffic and the like or running late from your previous appointment, but really, why not a quick phone call giving the person the opportunity to reschedule if need be. The reason I am grumbling is that Teri and I scheduled an appointment with the carpet cleaning people to come out and do our rugs; a get rid of the last of the dog hair type of thing. The rug cleaners gave us a window of between 10-1, so we have been waiting here all morning just on the off chance that they will actually show up in the time allotted. As you can see from the time stamp on this post, the deadline is fast approaching and still no rug cleaners. Not that I had any urgent errands today, and the extra time did allow for Josh to finish cleaning up his room, but why couldn't the rug cleaners have said something like "Well since you live way out Northwest, your appointment will be the last one they are doing in the 10-1 window so expect them right around 1 pm." That way I could have gone grocery shopping this morning and just hung around at lunch time for the tardy carpet cleaners.

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Ok here is the update, the guy just called and said he is on his way. Any bets on how close to 1 pm he makes it here?

12:21 PM  
Blogger Martin said...

20 minutes til? I'm guessing that he's the one that does that area and that he's going to try to hit the freeway from Summerlin. A lot of ifs in there, though.

Here I was expecting to hear you raving about the intelligence behind Windows 3.1 for Workgroups. I'm not big on timeframes either. I wonder if taking a photo with the time on it of the front of your house at 1pm would allow you to leave with no guilty conscience and possibly a return of the cleaner at a cheaper rate.

5:51 PM  
Blogger LoraLoo said...

I had an appointment Friday morning with the bug man, and I had to take an hour off my work day as he was supposed to be here between 6-8am (I start work at 8). At 7:52 the office called me to tell me he called in sick. UGH! I still lost an hour of vacation time, but for nothing. I completely understand your frustration! Seems like customer service isn't #1 for so many businesses anymore...

9:41 PM  
Blogger Jenn Doll said...

At least it's a three hour window, out here it's like, 'They'll be there anywhere from 8am to 5pm.' It's always such a joy.

As for me and appointments, I'll be there no more than five minutes early. Unless it's like important. I rule like that. (I always get yelled at.)

12:48 AM  
Blogger New White Keds said...

My neighbor was just musing about this very same thing last night. It seems that is is an empidemic.

I tried to get a landscaper to come give me an estimate. I called no less than 6 people, and got only one return phone call.

It appears to me that we have a supply and demand issue in Vegas, and those in demand know it.

6:42 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The rug guy showed at about 12:45 pm, however, on a more positive note, the washing machine people told us they would be there between 12:30 pm and 3:30 pm and showed up at 1:15 pm and we were there last call of the day.

12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home