Monday, October 31, 2005

Its the great pumpkin Charlie Brown.

Ok I sit here writing this as it gets steadly darker outside. Teri is eagerly awaiting the first trick-or-treater to knock on our door. With that in mind, I had to stop at the grocery store on the way home today, and brave the zoo that it was, to get more candy for Halloween. Seems that after the Halloween party [wink wink, nudge nudge] we were out of candy and needed more for the hoards that are going to descend on us tonight [we got all of 10 kids last year]. Speaking of which, did anybody notice that with the time change on Sunday it is now getting dark in the middle of the afternoon? Ok Teri decided to turn off the motion sensor on the skulls and bones we have on the front door because every passing car was setting them off and she didn't want to scare away the little kids. I am still waiting for the first trick-or-treater now that it is 5:30 and starting to get dark. Ahhh the ravaging mob of kids...

The party went real well on Saturday, even with Teri loosing half her hair to stress. We ended up getting a couple of family members wanting to go along with our 12 invited guests which was swell since even though a couple of people didn't show [cough cough Lora] we still ended up with 16 adults present. With the alcohol flowing freely and everyone admiring Teri's costume, we played some get acquainted games and had a good time. [Sorry brief interuption there as Teri wants me to sit outside with her and await the masses of children that are sure to descend on our house, its now 5:45] I think that the only thing that wasn't good about the party is that everyone left at around 10:30, which I guess is the trials of having a party for older adults who have to get up and work the next day; Vegas being the 24/7 365 day a year city that it is. Sorry Jenn, no pictures, I don't have a digital camera and am not really into having a piece of my soul stolen by a mechanical device. I did dress up in a cool costume also, going as a mad scientist with my labcoat and artfully mussed up hair. The ensemble was completed by Teri's awesome last minute contribution - a lab beaker to drink my beer from.

Well, its nearly 6 and I am trying to decide whether to watch the football game or sit outside looking for the rampaging kids-in-costume. I could always just slowly eat the chocolate bars and peanut butter cups outside and then plead a stomach ache and go inside and watch the second half of the game. Ooops what was that, a knocking on the door? Wow we do have kids in the neighborhood, three pipsqueeks just made Teri's night by begging for candy. Guess I will have to go outside after all...

4 Comments:

Blogger Martin said...

I've only had a few so far. I'm thinking that the parents have thought better than to allow the kids to visit again after the gruesome sight last year. (I wonder how you explain a bloody decapitated body to a 4 year-old.) Anyhow, the party went great. I think Lloyd was trying to dress as Vavoom but he denies it. Teri... well... lets just say that I wish I brought my camera. She looked great. Lloyd's brother dressed up... I'm just not sure what he was. Well, better go back to my post and catch a few kiddies unaware. I still have yet to fulfill my dream of making a child wet their pants.

5:58 PM  
Blogger LoraLoo said...

What was Teri dressed as? Sorry we missed the Mad Scientist look - I agree you were dressed up as Vavoom this year. :)

I heard it was a success, it is too bad indeed that we were stuck at home!!

4:11 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Teri dressed up as a tavern wench (yes let your imagination loose, it was a nice costume that fit Teri well) I on the other hand was not Vavoom as he is too nice to be a 'Mad Scientist'

6:37 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

By the way we ended up with 45 kids, Teri counted. Way more than last year.

6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home