Wednesday, November 30, 2005

I'm melting away...

Ok I am reading this time travel series by Warren Norwood and it has got me thinking about what people would do if they could go back in time and change something. Let me make it simple for everyone and say that we will ignore the butterfly affect (where you go back in time and make a change and it affects everything). Let's say you could go back and tell a younger you to do or not do something and everything would be ok with the world, only you would change, what would it be? Or, would you rather not mess with your life, but instead play time tourist and go visit events or people in the past? What would you do if you found a time machine in your attic or basement and could go anywhere or anywhen? Would you visit the future or stick to the past? Would you tell anyone or keep it all to yourself? (Let's pretend the government does not find out) What would you do?

3 Comments:

Blogger LoraLoo said...

I am not sure I'd go back and tell myself anything. I've said many times, "If I only knew then, what I know now...", but all those mistakes made me who I am now, so they appear to have been worth it.

I would, however, love to play "tourist" as you say... it would be great to see my paternal grandfather again; he passed before he should have in my lifetime.

I don't know that I could keep a time machine all to myself. A big secret like that would be really hard to keep. I'd want to take Karl with me!

So, answer your own questions??

8:41 PM  
Blogger Martin said...

I know that I am better and stronger for the things learned from my errors. But, I still would be tempted to slap myself around about 9 years ago.

2:04 PM  
Blogger RT said...

Wow! Great question! Can we only use the time machine once? 'Cause there are a lot of things through history that I would like to have seen.

As for myself, shoot yeah! I would go back and beat my younger self out of my body and take my place, lol. Double the experiences, double the fun!

8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home