Thursday, November 17, 2005

What goes on in near Vegas, happens only in Vegas



Ok I was reading the Las Vegas newspaper's online version today, the Review Journal, and came across an interesting article that I thought I would share with everyone. Click here. This article describes a new venture that is being started just north of Vegas in Nye county, near Pahrhump. For those of you who may not know, prostitution is legal in Nevada other than in Clark and Storey counties (Las Vegas and Reno). Yet, Pahrhump and Nye county are only a short drive away - about an hour. Now having grown up in Vegas I am quite aware of the cathouses and have never really given it much thought, other than to make the occassional joke while growing up. I don't think I have known anyone who actually lives here who has actually gone up to the brothels other than for a bachelor party or the like. However, I have become somewhat addicted to HBO Friday late night entertainment, including Taxi Cab Confessions and Cathouse the Series. So when reading this article I was intrigued by the idea that women might actually pay for it (male prostitutes). Is this only a guy's vice or would you in some daring moment actually visit a brothel with male prositutes? Come on give oh audience, I want to know...

10 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Ok I couldn't get the images from the article to save so I used this one...it looked kind of brothelish. Plus, I like the picture...

8:44 PM  
Blogger Teri said...

Of course you like the picture it is Angelina. Wait I need to wipe the drool off the screen.

8:55 PM  
Blogger Martin said...

I do think that they will get some business for bachelorette parties. Should be interesting to see if it stays in business.

11:47 PM  
Blogger Jenn Doll said...

I agree with Martin, for bachelorette parties. I'm sure there's those who will pay.

I did not know prostitution was legal out there! I think I really do have ADHD. That's like whoah to me. I feel all dirty now. Just kidding, that rules. I'm gonna tell all my guy friends.

Anyhow, I could never imagine paying for "it." Not that I'm all, oh I can get it whenever I want or something. But, I can get it whenever I want. Seriously, go to a bar, get plastered, find a guy that's plastered, walah! Next morning, coyote ugly. Go home, regret it for weeks, maybe months.

It happens all the time. NO! I'm not talking about me. I just see it going on as I'm sure we all do.

11:59 PM  
Blogger LoraLoo said...

I think it will be a novelty for a little while - but in the long run, I don't see success. Think about the ratio of male to female exotic dancing places in Las Vegas, or any city for that matter.

I also feel men and women feel differently about paying for sex... and realistically, it's much easier for women to get laid, no matter what you look like. Men have to work harder at it I think, so the idea of just paying for it without having to work for it might be more attractive.

12:14 PM  
Blogger Martin said...

We all have to remember one more thing. Not everyone looks great with beer goggles on. So there may be a few women that focus on making money than being in a relationship and once in awhile will decide to be ultimately pampered.

11:43 AM  
Blogger David Amulet said...

Great pic! My girlfriend says she'd be wiling to pay for time with Angelina!

-- david

6:02 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Teri -- There is no drool on the monitor, thank you. I know the difference between reality and the computer.

David -- Yeah I will vocally admit that Angelina is very hot.

6:59 PM  
Blogger Teri said...

Thankfully there is no drool on me either :)

7:33 PM  
Blogger Jimmie60 said...

Voting machines that don't produce a hard copy that the voter sees, should be baned, re-counts must be possible -computers are too easily manipulated

2:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home