Sunday, November 06, 2005

You can't handle the truth!

Ok, I was cruising the web the other week and happened to come across a review for the movie "Where the Truth Lies". Now, Teri is madly in lust with Colin Firth and when this movie came out in limited release back in October she was planning to see it day one until she found out it was in limited release in New York and Los Angeles. Even then she thought about doing a road trip with Amy to go see it. Back to the aforementioned review, I noticed on the official website that the movie was finally going to make it to Vegas on November 4th and thought that I could surprise my wife with a mystery night out. I cornered Martin at the Halloween party and we came up with a scheme to take the significant others out to dinner and a movie without telling them where we were going. We figured that we could get back some of the brownie points we lost when the 4 of us went to Sin City and that way when we suggest going and seeing Aeon Flux in early December they won't complain all that much. Well the date went pretty well, even with Teri figuring out where we were going beforehand with her psychic powers. However, the movie was not what we were led to believe. Martin and I figured that we were going to see a chick flick (Colin Firth) with a lot of nudity in it to make up for it. Yeah right, it was more of a mystery suspense movie with lots of nudity, and a troubling twist at the end. We left the theatre talking about America's double standard and how bothered Martin is by male skin meeting male skin. Yes, the end of the movie does feature a menage-a-trois scene. I don't think Teri will ever be able to look at Colin Firth the same way again and it isn't due to the moustach that he sports in parts of the movie.

7 Comments:

Blogger LoraLoo said...

I have heard about Teri's psychic powers. Must really suck trying to buy her birthday presents.

I hadn't heard about this movie at all, I actually had to Google it. Colin Firth is not such a bad actor; however, even if he only had a one nighter with Britney Spears, his connection to her left me with an "eewwww" factor.

7:34 PM  
Blogger Teri said...

Lora are you thinking of Colin Ferrel or however you spell his name? I can't see Colin Firth and Britney Spears together no matter how hard I try. But, this is Hollywood so you might be right. heheheheh

9:51 PM  
Blogger LoraLoo said...

Okay... I am thinking of Colin Ferrel. I just had to Google Colin Firth, and very much my error. This Firth guy, he's pretty hot. I remember him from "Girl With a Pearl Earring".

6:03 AM  
Blogger Martin said...

At least you weren't thinking of Will Ferrell which would have thrown this way way way off topic. B)

10:33 PM  
Blogger Teri said...

Vavoom, he is an English actor. He has been in A & E's version of Pride and Prejudice, What a girl wants, Girl with a Pearl Earring, Love actually, Shakespear in Love, Bridget Jones Diary, umm the list goes on and on (thankfully :)

5:06 PM  
Blogger Jenn Doll said...

Martin has a significant other?

Now, by this review I can't tell if I want to see it or not...

4:25 AM  
Blogger Jenn Doll said...

P.S. Pictures of the halloween party? Or at least the decorations Teri got?

4:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home