Monday, December 19, 2005

Its in the spare oom, in the war drobe...

For those of you that have never read CS Lewis' 7 book masterpiece, now is the time to do so. With the movie hitting theatres last week and Disney having an option on the 6 remaining books, why not engross yourself in the ultimate childhood classic. Haven't you always wanted to escape to a magical land? Haven't you always wanted to defeat the evil witch and become a king or queen? Welcome to Narnia, apply at the lamp-post, genuinely good children wanted. Teri and I got to see the movie in the theatre on Sunday jam packed with elementary school children, half of them from Teri's school. It was great for me to see a new generation of kids enjoying my favorite fantasy series from childhood. However, I soon zoned out the kid's ruckus and forgot myself while enjoying the movie. Definitely a 4 star performance that was true to the spirit of the book and even if Mr and Mrs Beaver did look like Disney Animitronic creatures, the special effects were wonderful. If Harry Potter shows you the dark and mysterious side of merry ol' England, Narnia's landscapes were positively the sunny, bright, and cheerful side.

7 Comments:

Blogger Martin said...

I was really impressed and still think that it's one of the few movies that I'm adding to the collection that I'd be able to watch more than a few times. I had no idea that Neeson did the voice until I first heard it and it was perfect in that sense.

1:39 AM  
Blogger LoraLoo said...

Ooooo I'm so glad you liked it. I'm really looking forward to seeing it myself! I didn't read the books, but I do remember an animated adaptation from the 1970s. I think I'm going to have to pick up those books.

11:48 AM  
Blogger RT said...

At the risk of sounding like a dork...

What movie?

8:02 PM  
Blogger Jenn Doll said...

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and yours, Lloyd!

1:03 AM  
Blogger RT said...

OK, I know you're around...

What Movie???

11:38 PM  
Blogger LoraLoo said...

rt: I'll tell ya. It's "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe".

We all know how little DG bothers to check around here! He must have a life or something.

:)

1:55 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Martin -- Yeah I liked it too.

Lora -- The books are stupendous, I have been reading them since I was little, a good 30 years, I must have read through the series at least 4 or 5 times.

RT -- Lora answered the question. I do get on here, I do.

Jenn -- Meryy X-mas and Happy New Year to you also. Hope everything is going ok with you, your posts have been rather cryptic lately.

6:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home