Saturday, June 17, 2006

Jeopardy?



Hey look I am back again, I can't let Teri get away with telling me I haven't blogged in awhile. Since I am still busy with another class I figured I would take the easy was out and do theme week. This weeks themes shall be: TOP TENS! Todays top ten is brought to you by my little sister (she is 5 foot 10 so I get a kick out of calling her little) Michelle who posted this on our family website BBS.

Since I know everyone here thinks they are brilliant and could totally take on everyone on Jeopardy, today's question is: "If you were to be a contestant on Jeopardy, what are your ten dream Jeopardy categories? Categories that you would be able to clear out easily and take all of the Daily Doubles?"


Mine are:

1. Science Fiction
2. American History
3. Fixing your PC
4. Time Travel stories
5. Benjamin Franklin (since I just did my paper on him)
6. Modern American Fantasy Authors (see a pattern here)
7. Sid Meier Games (creator of the Civilization PC game)
8. Las Vegas Geography (I have lived here for 35 years)
9. The Works of Robert Heinlein
10.Stargate SG1



Alright well that’s enough I guess. Now everyone else needs to take a turn...

9 Comments:

Blogger Deborah said...

How could anyone possibly have too much time??? Double the days' length and I STILL wouldn't have enough for everything.

How's the gardening? I want to see some pictures of your garden!

7:23 PM  
Blogger RT said...

Great. Now I'm going to have that song 'Jeopardy' in my head all day.

Congratulations Lloyd! I got so excited when I read about Teri being preggers, that I forgot to come back over here comment. 8)

5:10 AM  
Blogger LoraLoo said...

Okay, I'll give this a shot.

1) 80s music trivia (even though Martin could kick my butt)
2) Las Vegas History (I've been here 25 years and was fascinated by our history in college)
3) Fixing your PC (yeah, I blatantly stole it from you..hehe)
4) The Old West
5) The Terrible Twos
6) Muscle Cars

2:24 PM  
Blogger LoraLoo said...

Oh, hey... Happy Father's Day!w

2:25 PM  
Blogger Ken said...

First, Happy Belated Father's Day!

In terms of Jeopardy topics, here's what I've got.

1. US History
2. Geography
3. European History
4. Star Wars
5. History of Buffalo
6. World War II
7. 1980's TV Shows

Hmmm...that's about as far as I can get. I would have added Star Trek, but I didn't watch much of Voyager or Enterprise. I think there may be some traditional Jeopardy categories I'm leaving out. I may need to watch a couple of shows and add those later...

7:52 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Deb - Haven't had enough time to focus on the gardening. Barely keeping my grass alive.

RT - Thanks RT, I have missed having your comments on here.

Loraloo - Hmmm your list looks suspiciously like mine.

Ken - Hmmmm interesting list. What part of US History?

7:08 PM  
Blogger Ken said...

I could ace most eras, with the exception of the portion between the Civil War and WWI, and then from the end of WWI until the start of the Great Depression and even then I could probably hold my own.

9:03 PM  
Blogger Martin said...

I could really segment some of these off to create many categories but I'll try to avoid making them too easy.

1) 1980s Music
2) Japanese Animation
3) Television Chefs
4) Industrial Music History
5) Comic Book Heroes
6) Greek Mythology
7) Nevada Ghost Towns
8) Tennis Racquet Evolution
9) Computer Acronyms
10) Las Vegas Landmarks

(Had to make a few variations from your previous lists.)

3:02 AM  
Blogger Teri said...

1) Red tape at UNLV
2) Useless information you learn in classes at UNLV
3) Teaching 4th graders
4) Art History
5) Colin Firth Movies
6) Being Pregnant at 35
7) Junk Food
8) umm I will get back to you on 8, 9 and 10

8:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home