Tuesday, May 10, 2005

What a sexy chess!

Ok here is a post that you won't usually see. Remember back in school when you had to do those comparison essays? When you took two things and wrote about the similarities they had? Well today I decided to do just that and I am going to wax poetically on two of my favorite activities; my favorite mental hobby and my favorite physical one. I am going to compare sex with chess. Both are activities that are enjoyed by two people (Ok there are some variations that involve more people, but that is for another post). Each take some minimal setup before you can enjoy the game. Both allow you to get a piece. Each game favors agression, but can be played in a defensive mode if you are so inclined. Neither one requires any expertise, but you do get better with practice. Each game is usually played on a flat rectangular surface. There are a multitude of books available that purport a system to make you an expert at the game. Aids for the game are sold at specialty stores and can be used to increase your enjoyment while playing. When you are young you usually will look for a match with just about anyone, but as you get older your choice of partners becomes more limited as you find game players who suit your style and tempermant. The vocabulary for both is also similar with mates, pieces, forced mates, checks, masters, rankings, and even time pressure. It always seems that players prefer larger sets, but will play with smaller ones if need be. Even certain chess pieces seem to suggest sex, just look at a bishop or a pawn. Hmmm after this long post I seem to have found the urge to play a game. I wonder if my wife is available for some chess playing.

4 Comments:

Blogger Martin said...

You forgot a few. Both can be a spectator sport and can be interrupted by a young child in the room. B)

5:42 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah vavoom, I have done some rooking myself, but never as a spectator sport Martin, I guess my queen is just too shy.

2:28 PM  
Blogger Teri said...

"rooking yourself"????? hmmm you sure you wanted to share that with the world?

7:58 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Not rooking with myself, sheesh always trying to get people to forget about your chess..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................game.

8:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home