Friday, July 07, 2006

Anybody still there?

Ok I have decided that I am just lousy with the blog when I am in the last week or two of a class. Yes, I just finished another one, if I keep this up I might actually get that degree after all since I am actually getting close (yeah ok I am already planning out the next course of study, either a Masters in Computer Science or History, or another BS in Computer Science since I need to take all those classes anyways for the Masters)

Well, tommorrow is the UFC and I am eagerly looking forward to the matches. Also, my brother called me up last weekend and we are starting to plan the NFL draft party which means football season is just around the corner (Note to self - get the laptop so I can hold Jacob Logan and watch football with him and still check the scores online). No Martin I am not getting a TIVO.

The new job is going well, as I seem to be impressing the right people. I even got a "On-the-Spot Award" of $250 on my first project. I am picking up the intricies of the news apps quickly, and my director is even starting to talk to me about starting some small programming projects (time to dust off those old VB books) Well everyone have a good weekend as I am off to watch Sci-Fi Friday...

6 Comments:

Blogger Martin said...

Sounds like you are really enjoying the new position. You know... with $250 you could buy a Tivo but probably won't. (I'm considering getting a second one to record HD for the living room.) Can't wait for football. I've actually filled out requests for days off during a few special Monday night games. Seen tons of mixed martial artists at the hotel this week as they held a convention there (Tito taught one seminar that I know of.) Should be great fights. B)

2:16 AM  
Blogger Teri said...

Oh man! You had to say it.. football season.... sigh

8:03 AM  
Blogger LoraLoo said...

NFL is just around the corner!!

A laptop is a beautiful thing with a new baby. Serious sanity moments will be had.

I hear that you probably already have about 5 degrees you don't know about yet... :)

1:22 PM  
Blogger Ken said...

YAY! Football season! Getting up at the crack of dawn to haul my happy ass to a bar.

The laptop is a good idea - and best to get Jacob hooked sooner rather than later!

8:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was very disappointed in the UFC. The Frank Mir bout sucked, Tito and Shamrock was a farce, and Andrei and Sylvia was boring.

11:24 AM  
Blogger New White Keds said...

congrats on the new gig... glad it is working out for you. On the spots rock, huh?

Yay football! Well, yay for an excuse to watch men run around in tight pants and eat chicken wings!

You could do the DVR from Cox -- it is way less expensive than tivo and does the same thing -- hear it calling your name Lloyd?

6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home