Sunday, May 15, 2005

Random musings.

Why is it that I always seem to tell time by the weekends? This weekend was the dinner with Amy weekend. Next weekend is little sister's wedding weekend. The weekend after that is Memorial Day weekend, then its UFC weekend. I don't even remember dates anymore I just live for the weekends and remember everything with a label.

Why is it the best gifts are the inconsequential ones, the inexpensive ones? I have spent $1000 on a necklace for my wife. I doled out $400 to get my son a PS2. And yet, the best gift my wife and I have given recently was a $4 bottle of Devil's Spit barbeque sauce to Martin of an80snut fame, and a tomatoe cage for his container garden.

Challenges come in all shapes and sizes. Sometimes I find myself spending way too much time on small things that don't mean much, but turn into major projects for me. For example, in cruising the web the other day I visited an author's website (one who writes a mean fantasy novel) and noticed that she had a quickie contest going; write a 250 word story essay or poem on rediscovered honor and win an autographed proof copy of her latest book. I find myself thinking of this contest in off moments all the time now. Its not as easy as it seems since you are limited to 250 words max. The deadline is June 10th, go here: http://www.hollylisle.com/writingdiary/ if you are interested.

Speaking of projects, anyone who has visited my wife's blog: http://lvteri.blogspot.com/
was treated to a shot of our backyard and the garden's and landscaping that we are doing by hand back there. Try itself yourself sometime, its real tough to fill up 4000 square feet with Vegas weather resistant plants.

2 Comments:

Blogger Martin said...

I do want to thank both of you for the Devil's Spit. Haven't broke it open yet but it will happen as soon as I break open the chicken. But I also believe that the little gifts seem to be more relevant and show your interest and knowledge of the person. B)

5:23 AM  
Blogger Martin said...

Oh, and I can understand the weekend thing a little bit. But then again, I don't really have normal weekends off so I can't label them the same way.

5:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home