Friday, June 03, 2005

Q..R..S..T..U.F.C.

Ok time for me to play fan and babble on about this Saturday's entertainment, Ultimate Fighting PPV at an80snut's house. Martin and I take turns hosting the UFC pay-per-views (well ok the last several have been at my place-I have the bigger house, Martin the bigger TV (see Martin there I go comparing sizes again)but I digress) and for the two of us and our significant others its the sports highlight of the moment. We talk about it and analyze it almost as much as we do football (he and I are also fantasy football addicts), but seriously we have a blast. I have already rambled on in an earlier post about comparing UFC to Roman gladiator sports so I won't do that and I cannot say anything about how the significant others pick the winners based on who is cuter or has less back hair. So I guess I will just give an overview of the best combat sport on the planet. Two competitors enter an octagonal ring and using a variety of martial art skills try to pulverize their opponent. The thing that makes this sport so interesting is the intense training that these athletes go through. All of them are multiple black belts, some of them have even won Olympic wrestling medals, and they are in tip top shape which leads to exciting matches. So to paraphrase the announcer of UFC -- "Bring it on baby!"

5 Comments:

Blogger Martin said...

Can't wait to see how the fights turn out. I've actually been looking into buying a sofa and loveseat to better maximize the area around the big screen. Should be soon. Just not soon enough. Btw, I was really expecting you to post a photo from one of the fights for this one.

7:03 PM  
Blogger LoraLoo said...

I'm definitely placing my votes for the ones with less back hair.

9:44 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, does that mean you are coming over too Loraloo?

11:33 AM  
Blogger Martin said...

Well, she still has a few hours to call and get directions.

2:28 PM  
Blogger LoraLoo said...

Awww man I guess I missed it while in birthday party hell. Hope you guys had a great time...

8:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home