Monday, May 23, 2005

Father Time rears his head...

Man, you know you are getting old when you pull a muscle in your lower back bringing groceries into the house. Yes, thats what I did alright, twisted funny grabbing some groceries out of the trunk and felt a sharp pain in my lower back shooting down to my heel. Luckily its not too bad, but it has stiffened up and is slightly painful as I sit here icing it down while typing this up. Wish I could blame this on a more interesting excuse, like saying that the wife caused it last night as we were celebrating a night out, or I got it while training for the upcoming UFC that I am competing in. However, neither one of those is true, its just a out of shape getting old type of injury. The kind where you pop the ibuprofen and hope that it doesn't get too bad. Ok maybe I am a little prone to back problems since I have scoliosis, but I haven't had any problems in a long while other than a little numbness in my hip. The sad thing is I can't even use it as an excuse to miss work, since I sit in a chair all day unless it gets real bad. Maybe I will just blame it on the 104 degree weather outside and say that I am not used to the heat; or better yet, it was the dancing at the wedding over the weekend. Yeah, thats the ticket, the perfect excuse.

1 Comments:

Blogger Martin said...

I dunno but the UFC excuse worked for me. I mean, it takes a lot of concentration and endurance to watch. The training for watching such an event can be rigorous.

10:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home