Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Peerflix

Ok I figure this post will be a tribute to my friend Martin, since he is the king of CDs and DVDs. Many a day Martin has been out hunting out of the way movies that nobody has heard of on DVD. In addition, Martin has this passion for Japanese anime. So this service would be a natural for him (are you reading Martin?) Let me introduce you to a new service that I just read about today. It combines Netflix with the versatility of a peer to peer network (think Bit Torrent). Basically the way it works is you sign up with the service and get to look through a list of available DVDs. Ones other users have put up for trade. If you find one you like you use your accumulated Peerbux to purchase it. How do you get Peerbux you ask? Well you put up your old DVDs and when someone buys it you get Peerbux (or you can purchase them at a rate of $5 for 1 Peerbux) which you then use to get the DVDs you want. Sound easy? Sound like fun? Great, go visit their site located here. Happy hunting.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jenn Doll said...

That does sound fun! I don't know if I should get started. It sounds like it could be a heroin. Thinking.....

11:38 PM  
Blogger Martin said...

I think that I'd pick up a bunch of really bad movies and never get rid of any. I'm a media packrat. It takes a lot for me to give up on most things. But I'm gonna look just because I heard something about someone starting something locally where a bunch of people will bring movies with them to meet up and trade them out that day -- found it on Craig's List.

7:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home