Monday, May 30, 2005

Playing hookey.

You ever get that feeling on Monday morning or Sunday night that you want to pretend you are back in school and just play hookey from work? You know, call in sick with a "cough" or a "migraine" and then stay home all day and watch TV or get on the computer. Maybe wake up real late and stay in your PJs for a majority of the day. Yeah I guess me having a three day weekend has caused me to regress to my teenagehood, cause boy do I want to call in sick tomorrow and just enjoy another day off. Maybe its because the wife took tomorrow off and has a 4-day weekend that is doing it. Maybe its cause I really haven't had a real vacation in a couple of years. Whatever it is it really got me to thinking how easy we had it as kids even if it didn't seem that way back then. I can just imagine my parents thinking, "Heck no if I have to go to work, he has to go to school." Ah well...

4 Comments:

Blogger LoraLoo said...

Ahh, those were the good ol' days - I played hooky a few of times when I was in college; called in to work with that "virus" and skipped my afternoon classes, only to watch movies in bed all day. It's just too bad you don't realize how easy life is until you have too many responsibilities to take advantage of it.

9:29 PM  
Blogger Martin said...

I think I need to cut down on my responsibilities so I can do that more often. Too bad I can't do it with the newsletter but maybe the paying gig.

10:49 PM  
Blogger Jenn Doll said...

Weird that you post about this. I took three day's off and merged them with my regular two day's, giving me five, then I decided to get sick for like three more. Or something like that. I just know I haven't been here in forever. I really am sick, but it still felt like a vacation. I haven't had more than five day's off in. . .oh yeah, never. I think this comment is late, or, I'm sure it is, but I hope you called in!

11:25 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Lora--yeah I know and as I get older I seem to be getting more responsible, dangnabbit. I did not call in sick.

vavoom--even if I called in sick, Teri would have worked her pretty little butt off today helping her parents move out.

an80snut--yeah Mart you do need to smell the roses more often.

Jenn--yeah I read your blog and how sick you are and I will probably miss hearing about the second half of your trip to "my" city, but get better first.

4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home