Monday, August 21, 2006

Gasp, another post...

Well, well, well, will wonders never cease. Look I posted again and it hasn't been a month in-between. What alacrity the crowd mummurs, but doesn't realize that I am in-between classes and haven't been doing much gardening. I could ramble on about doings and happenings as Teri and I are gearing up for back to school stuff (imagine taking a 16 year old male teenager school clothes shopping when he doesn't want to be there) but instead I think I will post about my fantasy football team The Hawaiian Punch and our soon to be draft. I have been given the 6th pick which once again puts me in a quandry as to whom do I pick... The first 3 picks should be gimmes with LJ, then LT, then Shaun Alexander, Clinton Portis will probably go fourth even though he dislocated his shoulder recently. 5,6,7 get interesting though as the experts have Tiki Barber at 5 and Edge at 6, neither of which overwhelms me. I have been toying with the idea of taking Lamont Jordan at the spot since I had him last year and was pleased with his performance and he is rated number 7. Yet, Martin, since he doesn't like any of the aforementioned 3, has been trying to convince me to go with the running back slotted at #8, Rudi Johnson of the Bengals, and I will admit that the thought is tempting, as he also has been solid the last few years, although I think he might be a reach at 6th overall.

On another front, UFC is coming up this Saturday and it should be an excellent card, especially if this last Thursday's TUF card was any indication. I was actually impressed with the fights presented, which is saying a lot since I have thought a lot of the matches lately have been mediocre at best. We will have to see what Teri, Martin, Kerry, and I think about things Saturday night...

4 Comments:

Blogger Martin said...

I was expecting to see photos of you taking Josh shopping but I guess it won't happen. As for the draft, things are still evolving in some of those crowded backfields and I really don't like predicting anything until I'm forced to. The move of Duckett to Washington definitely increases Dunn's value. If the Rams sign Stephen Davis, that would adjust some of my value of Jackson. Also, each of those lines are issues if someone goes down with a season-ending injury. But, many see the running back draft playing out like this (prior to the Duckett move):

1 S. Alexander, Sea
2 Larry Johnson, KC
3 L.Tomlinson, SD
4 Tiki Barber,NYG
5 S. Jackson, SL
6 Lamont Jordan, Oak
7 C. Portis, Was
8 Rudi Johnson, Cin
9 Edgerrin James, Arz
10 C. Williams, TB
11 B.Westbrook,Phi
12 Ronnie Brown, Mia
13 K. Jones, Det
14 W. Dunn, Atl
15 Jamal Lewis, Bal

My evaluation at this moment drops Portis as Duckett will steal goal-line carries and may take a lot of snaps while Washington takes their time bringing Portis back from his shoulder injury.

I also think that Jones, Dunn and Lewis may be low on this list as the level of the improvement to the situation around them should help them out.

2:32 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Other than you have Stephen Jackson a little high for my taste, I wouldn't disagree with you...

7:38 PM  
Blogger LoraLoo said...

What Martin?! No Dallas players?! Sigh. I tried fantasy football once and got spanked (ya, spanked) so haven't tried it again. I am a much better spectator, I've decided.

I'm counting down until the season starts! Woooooooohoooooo!

Clothes shopping with a teenager should be considered a form of torture, btw.

8:20 PM  
Blogger Martin said...

Lloyd: Actually, that isn't my list. Just one that I abducted from a favorite Fantasy Football news area. The Rams should have a better run attack this year. I think one problem they had last year and the year before was finding out when to use Marshall Faulk. First they said they would split carries, then Faulk would come in fresh later in the game (yet, they found themselves so far behind that they abandoned the run by that time in most games) and then he was used on goal-line situations. I think they mismanaged their running backs and that sans Faulk, Jackson will blossom. Then again, that's if the line is healthy at the end of pre-season.

Lora: The only problem with listing Dallas' running game is the RRBC (running back by committee) situation they have. I think Marion Barber III is going to be great as he develops but he will cut into Julius Jones' carries putting them in a risky area when it comes to touchdowns and yards. They'll be good though.

3:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home